Home Screen Overview
1. Login - Each user will have an individual a unique login. First inital and last name. The original password will be "password". This will need to be changed within thier personal login. Navigate to the "Setup" portal, "Preferences", "User". Within the "User" window naviage to the "Username" box and select "Change Password". To ensure security select a unique password (remember you will be entering this each time you enter SpecVet. HINT: keep it short and simple. Users can also alter their username by using their initals by selecting "Add Username". This will allow you to log in quicker than entering your first inital and last name. Ex: JVS
2. Quick Search - The Quick Search box has several shortcuts to searching for specific needs. By hovering over the box a menu key will appear for a few brief seconds. The Quick Search shortcuts are as follows:
- V = Visit
- C = Contact
- P = Patient
- T = Telephone
- B = Bill Code
- Y = Inventory
- I = Invoice
- O = Visit Order
- E = Procedure
- VD - Visit Discharge (if Null; Today)
- VA = Visit Admit (if Null; Today)
- R = Prescription (DT Date disp; Rx Drug Name; Number/ID)
- RD = Rx Dispense Date (if Null; Today)
- ID = Invoice Date (if Null; Today)
- DOD = Patient Date of Deceased (if Null; Today)
3. Visit Dashboard - The Visit Dashboard module allows the user to see all active visits within the hospital at each location on the left of the screen. To the right of the screen are all of the six quick portals.
- Incoming Appointment
- Triage Board
- Internal Messaging
- Non Visit Prescriptions (those waiting to be filled or picked up
- Open Medical Records still pending to be closed
- Orders pending
4. Appointments - The Appointment module access to all appointments for each department listed by Provider or Service.
5. Contacts - Users are able to search within the Contacts module (Client/RDVM/Employee) by last name, tags, phone number, specific filter or by Pet Name
6. Patients - Users are able to search within the Patient Module by Pet Name, Tag, Contact Name, Patient ID, Breed, Species or Birthdate
7. Search Visits - The Search Visit module provides several options for searching the system. Listed on the header are four tabs: Visit Information. Demographics, Financial and Medical. By selecting each criteria the user is allowed to enter specific information to generate the end result.
8. Edit DVM - This module allows specific privileged users to edit RDVM information. Usually only a select few key users with set privileges are allowed access to this area. The searching ability by Admin Site, Attending DVM, Attending Service, Current DVM and Current Service
9. Messages - SpecVet internal messaging system by logging in by your user ID. You can create new messages, view sent messages, print, show read and new items.
10. Orders - Lists all the orders within the library. Users have the ability to search by Perform On, Type, Name, Site, Visit ID, Source, Department, Provider, Ordered, STep, Next Step, Updated Complete and Order ID. Also available is printing and exporting of the orders.
11. Lab Interface - Within the Lab Interface module you have the ability to review orphaned labs and manually obtain outside labs.
12. Reports - Listed within the Reports module are Financial, Personnel, Customer Service and Other.
- PPP Detail
- PPP Summary
- Billing Reports
- A/R Menu
- Invoice Search
- Open Invoices
- Sales Tax Payable
- Payment Search
- Print Birthdays
- Print Phone List
- Print Anniversaries
- Print Employee List
- Payment Reconciliation
- Print Incomplete Medical Records
- Communicated Report Status
- Vaccine Lot Report
- Immunization Report
- Prescription List
- Export Control Drug Dispensed
- Export RDVMs
13. Items - Within the Items module you have a listing of all items within the hospital. You can review the bill code, inventory list, create and delete items. There are five areas within the items: Item Detail, Inventory, Billing, Pharmacy, Cost/Pricing and Categories. You may also search for an item by ID, Description, Category, Tags, Codes and Type.
14. Billing Templates - The Billing Templates module are those templates used for Estimates and Invoicing. You have the ability to create, duplicate, delete, print templates and print single templates. You can review the details of the template as well as the billing code details.
15. MRTs - The MRTs (Medical Record Templates/Super Medical Record Templates) module allows users to create individual MRTs/SMRTs that can be inserted into MRNs (Medical Record Notes).
16. Purchasing - Within the Purchasing module you have access to Print Inventory Count, PO Items, Vendors and Purchase Orders.
17. DMS Management - The DMS (Document Management System) module accesses new and missing scanned documents. You may link new or missing documents to the Visit, Client or Patient folder by the appropriate ID.
18. Setup - Listed within The Setup module give access to MRN and Templates, Personnel, Preferences, Other, Lists, Order/Labs, Items and Administrative.
- Super MRTs
- MRN Types
- MRN Priv Groups
- Contact Management
- White Board
- White Board 2
- Print Setup
- Campaign Templates
- Campaign Temp Group
- Diagnosis Master items
- Financial Categories
- Postal Codes
- Reminder STatuses
- Reminder Types
- Robust Reports
- Vaccine Types
- Visit Statuses
- Orderable Library
- Order Workflows
- Order Workflow Items
- Order Sources
- Bill Codes
- Billing Templates
- PO Items
- Purchase Orders
- User PRIV Groups
- Label Printer Setup
19. Personnel - Managing personnel - Usually only a select few key users with set privileges are allowed access to this area.
20. Mgmt Dashboard - The Management Dashboard module allows privleged users to access management data within our Business Intelligence module
21. Help - By selecting the "Help" button within the heading you are able to contact SpecVet support as well as update provided by SpecVet.
- Introduction to SpecVet
- Help Site for support documentation
- Submit an issue through out ticketing system
- Review our Web Site
- New Release Notes
- Subscribe to our mailing list
22. Quit SpecVet - Log out of SpecVet