There are 3 main steps that need to be done to get a clinic setup on BI.
- Setup the clinic's databases in Zoho.
- Setup the users in Zoho
- Setup SpecVet BI Integration Settings, and do initial data upload.
2. Create / Manage Users
- Navigate to https://bi.specvet.com/login/domainspecific/DomainSpecificSignUp.jsp
- Enter in appropriate details for the new user (use password as PW).
- This step creates a new USER in the overall "Zoho" world (or so Dave thinks!)
- Return to our Zoho Reports HOME PAGE, select SETTINGS, Manage Users then Add New User.
- Enter the aforementioned email address, and ensure you select "bi.specvet.com" from the drop down.
- This step associates the Zoho user to our BI system.
- Note, we may need to add another user to our subscription. That is done from the SUBSCRIPTIONS link off of HOME.
- Return to the Zoho Reports HOME.
- Select the appropriate database, click SHARE and select "Add/Edit Database Owner:.
- Select Add Users From... then My Zoho Contacts, selecting the approrpriate user.
- Select "bi.specvet.com" from the drop down
- At the next window... deselect the Send Email checkbox... we do not want that email going out to them.
- Prepare an email to the client with the link to the bi, etc.
3. SpecVet BI Setup
- From within the client's SpecVet.. Select SETUP then SETTINGS.
- Enter in "BI" to the filter, check the value for: bi.ZohoTableName. Ensure that that matches the table name in BI.
- From SETUP > DEVELOPER MENU > BI INTEGRATiON...
- Setup the QUERY DAYS to the appropriate values for all records in the BI Integration table.
- Typical / normal setup is 30 days for all 3 records. When doing an initial load, you can adjust. Note that if large amount of data, may need to do more of a manual upload of data.
- From the FMS Admin Console, create a schedule to run the BI Query & Process
- "User" account and typical SV PW.
- Time Limit & Abort setup to 30?
- Scheule at the 2-4 AM hours, between other backup scripts, to occur daily.
- Run the scheudle from the server, and check the logging in the BI Integration screens in SpecVet to ensure that they worked. (Make sure you have committed the BI records).
- After the initial processing, ensure you set the QUERY DAYS back to appropriate values.
Forgotten Password or Changed User Password